If your holiday season is looking like a long stretch of preparing for family visits, holiday parties, and Secret Santa swaps, take a break from the seasonal stress with one of these fun family activities!
However, keep in mind one holiday tip from My Family Dentistry: enjoy the apple cider, fruitcake, and peppermint bark, but be sure to brush and floss afterward!
1. Step Aboard the “Niña” and “Pinta”
Authentic replicas of the historic ships will be docked near Calhoun’s on the River until Wednesday, November 6th, so hurry! Tours are available from 9 am-6 pm each day. Learn more…
2. Go to an Ice Bears Game
If you’re going to be cold anyway, you might as well watch a hockey game! Cheering for the Knoxville Ice Bears is a great way to spend an evening, though you may want to leave younger children with a sitter. Conveniently, the Ice Bears’ 2013 season opens today! Learn more…
3. Check Out Special Programs at Ijams
Whether you get up close and personal with the animals during a Creature Feature or fall under the spell of the Enchanted Forest, Ijams Nature Center is the place to go for family fun in November. Learn more…
4. Wander through the Market Square Holiday Market
The only place in town to combine ice skating, cider drinking, and Christmas shopping, the Holiday Market in Market Square is one of the highlights of Christmastime in Knoxville. Head downtown December 7th, 14th, or 21st between noon and 7pm to pick up some holiday spirit! Learn more…
5. Visit the Fantasy of Trees, of Course!
It’s a Knoxville standby, but it’s hard to overstate the pure holiday delight of seeing the expansive Convention Center packed wall-to-wall with glittering Christmas trees. The event is held between Nov. 27th and Nov. 1st , and raises money for East Tennessee Children’s Hospital with parades, raffles, a gingerbread village, and even Santa! Learn more…
6. Celebrate with A Christmas Carol
From Nov. 27th to Dec. 22nd, the Clarence Brown Theatre will once again turn into a Dickensian wonderland for its annual production of A Christmas Carol. If you want to go, buy tickets now! It sells out quickly. Learn more…
What are your tips for fall and winter fun? Let us know in the comments!
If you’d like to receive updates from My Family Dentistry, information and tips about dental care, promotions, and more, subscribe to our email newsletter.
Latest posts by Dr. Wesley Mullins (Knoxville Dentist)
- The Complete Guide to Our New Dental Office in Powell, TN - June 20, 2022
- Have a Gummy Smile? Learn How a Gingivectomy Can Help - June 14, 2022
- 5 Facts About Gingivitis That Everyone Should Know - June 13, 2022
- Our Top 5 Favorite Things About Our New Office: How They Provide You With Comfortable Dentistry - May 2, 2022
- 5 Things to Consider When Choosing Your New Dentist in Knoxville - April 18, 2022