If your holiday season is starting to look like a busy stretch of parties, shopping, and Secret Santa swaps, take some time to relax with the people who matter most this season. We’ve put together a list of local family events that will help to get you in the spirit.
Just remember, ‘tis the season for candy canes, hot chocolate, and gingerbread, so be sure to brush and floss regularly – especially after indulging in these sweet treats! And as you look toward the coming year, consider your dental health goals. Whether it’s a brighter, whiter smile or more regular checkups for your family, our team at My Family Dentistry is here all year to help you meet them.
1. Browse the Stalls at Market Square Holiday Market
The only place in town to combine ice skating, delicious cider, and Christmas shopping, the Holiday Market in Market Square is one of the highlights of Christmastime in Knoxville. Head downtown starting December 3rd and search for unique, handmade gifts.
2. Explore the Fantasy of Trees
It’s a well-established Knoxville holiday standby, but it’s hard to overstate the pure delight of seeing the Convention Center packed wall-to-wall with glittering Christmas trees. This event is held from November 23rd – 27th and raises money for East Tennessee Children’s Hospital with parades, raffles, a gingerbread village, and even Santa.
3. Experience Enchantment at A Christmas Carol
From November 23rd to December 18th, the Clarence Brown Theatre will once again turn into a Dickensian wonderland for its annual production of A Christmas Carol. If you want to go, buy tickets now—it always sells out quickly!
4. Shop for Holiday Gifts at the Foothills Fine Craft Show
With over 140 booths of fabulous crafts, the Foothills Fine Craft Show is a perfect place to do some holiday shopping for your loved ones. It’s also a great opportunity to support local artists and see amazing demonstrations of basketry, pottery making, glass blowing, woodworking, and more.
5. Be Dazzled at the Regal Celebration of Lights
Get ready for Christmas in the City! At Knoxville’s most anticipated winter festival, the whole city dresses up for the holidays with light-covered trees and festive decorations. The popular Up on the Rooftops displays and dozens of events are guaranteed to bring holiday cheer. The Celebration of Lights is November 25th, but there’s plenty more to do after that.
6. Catch a Ride on the Polar Express
All aboard the Polar Express! Kids are sure to love this incredible journey on a steam-powered locomotive. This 1 ¼ hour round trip includes warm cocoa and a treat. Your kids’ expressions will reflect the wonder of the season when the train arrives at the North Pole and they find Santa Claus waiting.
7. Make Memories at Santa’s Village
For the first two weekends of December, Zoo Knoxville will host Santa Claus. He’ll be available to hear Christmas wishes and pose for holiday photos. You can also celebrate the season with yuletide crafts and indoor animal encounters at the Pilot Flying J Wee Play Adventure area.
What are your tips for winter fun in Knoxville? Let us know in the comments!
If you’d like to receive updates from My Family Dentistry, information and tips about dental care, promotions, and more, subscribe to our email newsletter.
Latest posts by Dr. Wesley Mullins (Knoxville Dentist)
- Our Top 5 Favorite Things About Our New Office: How They Provide You With Comfortable Dentistry - May 2, 2022
- 5 Things to Consider When Choosing Your New Dentist in Knoxville - April 18, 2022
- Teen Oral Health Guide: Give Your Teenager a Smile That Lasts a Lifetime - April 11, 2022
- Our Upcoming New Office – Providing Quality Dentistry to Powell and the Knoxville Area - April 4, 2022
- Getting Started With My Family Dentistry: New Patients, Payment Plans, and Finances - March 14, 2022