This summer, Dr. Wes and Laura Mullins traveled the thousands of miles from Knoxville, TN to Chirala, India. Their mission was to provide free, high-quality dental care to the people in the fishing village of Chirala, and they had some amazing experiences with the wonderful people they met.
Dr. Wes and Laura teamed up with a group including a physician’s assistant who grew up in India where her parents were serving as missionaries, a doctor and his pre-med son, and a non-profit manager and surgical technician who has traveled to India 48 times.
The team worked with the Baer Christian Hospital in Chirala, which is equipped with a small dental clinic and one dental chair, to provide free medical and dental care. Dr. Wes and Laura focused mostly on performing dental extractions. About half of the 1.2 billion people in India don’t own a toothbrush, and many more lack access to basic dental care.
Providing Dental Care in Chirala, India
If you’d like to receive updates from My Family Dentistry, information and tips about dental care, promotions, and more, subscribe to our email newsletter.
We’d love to hear from you! Keep in touch with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
Latest posts by Dr. Wesley Mullins (Knoxville Dentist)
- How Invisalign Can Give You the Smile You’ve Always Wanted - May 11, 2021
- Job Opening: Dental Sterilization Technician - May 4, 2021
- Myofunctional Therapy – How Do I Know If My Child Needs It? - April 16, 2021
- Am I at Risk of Oral Cancer? - April 9, 2021
- Medical Connection: Oral Health and Alzheimer’s Disease - March 31, 2021