If your calendar promises a long stretch of preparing for family visits, holiday parties, and huge meal preparation this autumn, take a break from the seasonal stress with one of these fun family activities! You’ll find loads of great fall events in Knoxville to enjoy.
However, remember this important holiday tip from My Family Dentistry: enjoy the apple cider, pumpkin pie, and peppermint bark, but be sure to brush and floss afterward!
1. Step Aboard the Niña and Pinta
August through December, authentic replicas of Columbus’ historic ships will be docked near Calhoun’s On The River from October 21st until November 1st! Tours are available from 9am – 6pm each day.
2. Go to an Ice Bears Game
Dress up warmly and show your local spirit at the hockey rink. Cheering for the Knoxville Ice Bears is a great way to spend an evening. The Ice Bears’ 2016 season opens October 14th, so buy your tickets now!
3. Check Out Nature Programs at Ijams
Whether you get up close and personal with the animals during a Creature Feature, fall under the spell of the Enchanted Forest, or wander around the Fall Harvest Festival, Ijams Nature Center is the place to go for family fun this fall.
4. Have Some Not-So-Scary Fun with BOO! at the Zoo
A Halloween tradition for 30 years, BOO! at the Zoo is a family event featuring trick-or-treating along the BOO! Trail, where little trick-or-treaters can fill their bag with goodies as they make their way through the zoo.
5. Show Your Pride at the Veteran’s Day Parade
On November 11th, the 91st Annual Knoxville Veteran’s Day Parade will honor veterans of the United States Armed Forces. The parade begins in downtown Knoxville and marches up Gay Street.
6. Take the Whole Family Apple Picking
Apples, pumpkins, sweet corn, and other natural treats are available this autumn at the Fruit and Berry Patch! Bring your whole family for a day of fun in the cool weather, followed by apple cider and fried apple pies.
7. Hay Rides, Pumpkin Picking, and a Corn Maze—All in One Place!
When Oakes Farm opened, attractions included the corn maze, hayrides to the pumpkin patch, and a hay maze. Over the years, they’ve added many more attractions, including giant slides, an animal exhibit, pedal cars, gem mining, and a sand play area. There’s also Grammy’s Sweets and Treats, which offers homemade fudge and ice cream, and Pappy’s Fry Shack for chicken nuggets, fried green tomatoes, and more to fuel your appetite for fun.
8. Catch Fall Colors on the Greenways
Named for the creek it follows, West Knoxville’s Ten Mile Creek Greenway is 1.25 miles long—the perfect distance for a family-friendly hike. You can walk, jog, skate, or cycle along this beautiful trail, all while admiring the wildflowers, landscape, fiery fall colors. (For a full list of trails to explore, check here.)
What are your tips for fall fun in Knoxville? Let us know in the comments!
If you’d like to receive updates from My Family Dentistry, information and tips about dental care, promotions, and more, subscribe to our email newsletter. You can also keep in touch with us on social media via Facebook and Twitter.
Latest posts by Dr. Wesley Mullins (Knoxville Dentist)
- New Patient Dental Exams – What to Expect at Our Dental Office in Powell, TN - August 15, 2022
- Cavities – How To Fight the Most Common Health Condition - August 8, 2022
- Mouth Cancer: What Are the Risks & What Can You Do About It? - August 1, 2022
- Experience a New Approach to Dental Cleanings in Powell, TN With My Family Dentistry - July 25, 2022
- How Does Invisalign Work? Your Secret To Straight Teeth in Powell, TN - July 18, 2022