Today is a great day to celebrate and eat sweets, however Valentine’s Day is no exception when it comes to taking great care of your teeth.
Most chocolate and candy contains sugar that causes dental erosion and severe tooth decay. Enjoy the sweets and chocolate your loved ones bring today, but remember to brush and floss afterwards. Make sure you brush on all sides of your teeth and don’t forget your tongue.
Next time you visit us at My Family Dentistry remember to ask Dr. Mullins for a demonstration. It is recommended to brush your teeth at least twice a day – in the morning and before bedtime for at least two minutes each time. If you can, brush after lunch as well. Brushing during the day will reduce the damage caused by plaque and toxins. Drinking lots of water will also help flush out acid.
Floss your teeth daily and after each meal to get rid of any food that gets stuck in your teeth. Daily flossing is an important part of your oral health care routine to help remove plaque from the areas where a toothbrush doesn’t completely reach.
As you enjoy chocolate and sweets from your sweetheart , remember to take care of your teeth for a kissable mouth!
Latest posts by Dr. Wesley Mullins (Knoxville Dentist)
- The Benefits of Myofunctional Therapy for Nasal Breathing - December 13, 2021
- What Are the Main Causes of Gum Disease? - December 6, 2021
- Invisalign vs Braces — What’s the Real Difference? - November 8, 2021
- Need Dental Crowns? My Family Dentistry Is Your Solution - November 1, 2021
- What Is Invisalign? The Key To Straighter Teeth in Knoxville - October 11, 2021