Kids dentistry requires a special touch. Sometimes it’s difficult to get your children to brush, let alone to floss. As your kids get ready to go back to school, tuck this coloring sheet into their backpacks to remind them of the importance of dental care!
Flossing is just as important as brushing to keep your teeth healthy in the long run. As kids grow up and their permanent teeth come in, it becomes even more important to emphasize flossing to prevent plaque buildup, cavities, and decay between the teeth as well as gingivitis.
Start building healthy habits early – let your kids know that they need to haul themselves to the bathroom to floss!
Click on the image to download the PDF of the coloring sheet.
Here are a few of our other blog posts about kids dental hygiene, in case you have questions:
- Why Baby Teeth are Important
- Tips for the First Dental Visit
- How to Teach Good Dental Habits
- Permanent Teeth Coming In? (VIDEO)
- Will My Child Need Braces?
As always, contact us if you have any questions about dental care for children, comfortable dentistry, or anything else!
What are your challenges in encouraging kids to build good dental habits? Let us know in the comments, and we’ll consider them in our future projects!
If you’d like to receive updates from My Family Dentistry, information and tips about dental care, promotions, and more, subscribe to our email newsletter.
Latest posts by Dr. Wesley Mullins (Knoxville Dentist)
- The Complete Guide to Our New Dental Office in Powell, TN - June 20, 2022
- Have a Gummy Smile? Learn How a Gingivectomy Can Help - June 14, 2022
- 5 Facts About Gingivitis That Everyone Should Know - June 13, 2022
- Our Top 5 Favorite Things About Our New Office: How They Provide You With Comfortable Dentistry - May 2, 2022
- 5 Things to Consider When Choosing Your New Dentist in Knoxville - April 18, 2022