When was the last time you heard someone say cheerfully, “Yes! I get to go to the dentist today!” By the sound of the crickets we’re guessing you may never have heard someone say this, let alone thought it yourself.
Well, to be honest, we don’t expect our patients to have the same enthusiasm about going to the dentist as they might if they were going on a shopping spree. However, we have heard our patients say things like:
- “I’ve never had a dental exam like that!”
- “I didn’t know dental exams could cover so many things.”
- “I feel like you got to know me, not just what’s in my mouth.”
- “The dentist I used to go to didn’t provide that.”
- “Coming to the dentist was actually kind of enjoyable.”
These are the sentiments we work hard to earn because a top-notch dental exam today shouldn’t be something you have to suffer through, it should be something that serves you.
Toward that end, there are three key distinctions that make a new patient exam at My Family Dentistry stand out from other typical dental exams:
Dedicated To Your Comfort
You deserve to feel comfortable and truly cared for as a person, not just a set of teeth. Some dental offices may say comfort is their goal, but helping you feel as comfortable and confident as possible with your dental care is our daily mission—whether that’s physically, emotionally, financially, or all three. In fact, we have staff meetings specifically to talk about it, and we continually ask our patients what helps them feel most comfortable.
As a result, we offer personal choices to ease your body and mind, such as:
- Using small, medical grade headlamps when we examine your teeth and mouth so that you’re not blinded by the intrusive, bright light that’s typically right above your head in a dental chair.
- Having personal screens in the operatories to play a movie, show, or music of your choice.
- Free aromatherapy to soothe your senses.
Detecting Sinus & Sleep Issues
Our new patient exams are as comprehensive as they come, and as affordable as possible at $99 (a $359 value). New patient exams include a complete oral exam, a full set of dental X-rays, screening for TMJ, tooth decay, oral cancer, and periodontal disease, plus head and neck screening.
Some patients wonder why it’s important to screen the head and neck. Aren’t dentists just supposed to focus on the teeth and mouth? Actually, a truly good dentist will look at how your teeth and mouth are playing a larger role in your overall health, and that includes your head, neck, and throat.
Head and neck screenings can and should detect many issues that may be affecting your overall health, such as:
- Chronic sinus congestion (East Tennessee allergies, anyone?).
- Breathing airway issues that cause problematic snoring and/or congestion.
- Grinding your teeth at night which affects your quality of sleep.
- Evidence of grinding or clenching your teeth (TMJ) which can cause headaches, jaw pain, and disrupt sleep.
- Deviated septums which can cause problems with sleep and congestion.
Oral Cancer Screening
Did you know that one American dies every hour from oral cancer? However, about 90% of cases can be cured when detected and treated early. The challenge is to find signs of oral cancer before the disease progresses.
Our team is trained to carefully evaluate your lips, tongue, gums, throat, the lining of your cheeks, and the roof and floor of your mouth to look for any signs of oral cancer.
Tiny sores, lumps, or ulcers in the mouth are usually painless at first and difficult to detect on your own, which is why it’s crucial to have an evaluation by a dentist who’s trained to detect abnormalities.
My Family Dentistry is a comfortable place where you can share your concerns and where you know you’re getting the most advanced care at a price you can afford. We care about your overall health, and we want you to leave smiling.
We are offering a new patient exam for $99 (a $359 value) which includes:
- A full set of dental X-rays
- A comprehensive oral exam
- Screening for TMJ, tooth decay, oral cancer, and periodontal disease
- Head and neck screening
- PLUS FREE TEETH WHITENING (through October 2019).
Through October 2019, we are offering a preferred take-home teeth whitening product, Opalescence Go, valued at $70, when you schedule your new patient exam.
“Comfortable dentistry” is the heart and soul of our practice. Dr. Wesley Mullins and his team provide compassionate care, extensive experience, a gentle touch, and exceptional dentistry that will make you feel like you’re part of our family, because you are.
Schedule an appointment at My Family Dentistry today to take advantage of our $99 new patient exam plus FREE TEETH WHITENING through October 2019.