Going to the dentist does not have to be a source of anxiety or fear. At My Family Dentistry, we want to remove all hurdles between you and the great oral health care you deserve, and we recognize that many people need help getting past the stigma of the dentist’s office as an uncomfortable experience. In the words of Dr. Wesley Mullins, “Comfort is our chief concern!”
The Surprisingly Comfortable Dentistry Experience
If you or anyone in your family is afraid of a painful experience or an unpleasant and clinical feeling at the dentist, you can rest assured that My Family Dentistry always strives to provide what we like to call “comfortable dentistry.” For us, that means creating a calming environment and providing amenities that help you relax physically and mentally during your time in our office.
At My Family Dentistry, we help you enjoy your dental visit with features like:
- Comfy leather chairs in the waiting room. While you’re a guest at My Family Dentistry, we provide you with warm and welcoming furniture and surroundings, including in our lobby.
- Relaxation Room. Off our main lobby, we have a dedicated Relaxation Room with low lighting, peaceful décor, aromatherapy, and more comfy chairs for you to relax in before or after your treatment. But be careful – it’s easy to fall asleep in there!
- Aromatherapy. Aromatherapy is one of the best ways to communicate our unique atmosphere to our patients. We use calming, relaxing scents in every room to help you relax, and to eliminate any association with frightening, antiseptic-smelling dental offices.
- Warm paraffin wax treatments for your hands. Research shows that stimulating your hands and feet can help lower your perception of pain elsewhere in the body. If you’re concerned about pain or discomfort from your dental procedure, you can enjoy a warm paraffin wax hand treatment during your time in the chair to help relax while actually decreasing your pain receptors. As part of our comfortable dentistry efforts, we offer this spa-salon treatment as a complimentary service, and it’s a favorite of men and women of all ages.
- Pleasant and laid-back atmosphere during procedures. There will be no glaring lights in your face, no disturbingly cold instruments. During procedures, you can enjoy special touches like pre-warmed anesthesia, so there will be no shock of cold at the injection site. We also encourage patients to enjoy music, Netflix videos, or other entertainment to relax and keep their minds off their procedures.
- Warm and comforting bedside manner. You’ll notice Dr. Mullins avoids the intimidating white lab coat, wearing more casual clothes that reflect his friendly, approachable personality. Our staff always approaches you with respect and will never poke and prod at you like you’re just a random patient. We’re also eager to answer all your questions, so you can be comfortable and confident about your dental care at every stage.
My Family Dentistry puts the patient first, and that means respecting your comfort level and doing everything we can to deliver a comfortable dentistry services. Let us know if you feel anxious about any aspect of the experience and we can work with you to alleviate your concerns.
Want to experience comfortable dentistry yourself?
Schedule an appointment today to come in for a visit!
If you’d like to receive updates from My Family Dentistry, information and tips about dental care, promotions, and more, subscribe to our email newsletter.
Latest posts by Dr. Wesley Mullins (Knoxville Dentist)
- Dental Implants Testimonial: Shane - February 15, 2018
- 8 Common Symptoms of Sleep Apnea - February 5, 2018
- How Teeth Whitening Gel Works - November 8, 2017
- Who Can Get Sleep Apnea? - October 31, 2017
- Numbness After Dental Treatment: How Long Does It Last? - October 10, 2017