Schedule an Appointment for Our New Patient Special Today
About Dental Implants
At My Family Dentistry, we offer solutions that will give you back a strong, healthy smile. Dental implants, which provide the most natural look and feel, are often the best option for replacing missing teeth. They’re incredibly durable and don’t require much more than regular hygiene – brushing, flossing, checkups – to maintain. For many patients, dental implants can last for the rest of their lives, making it easier to eat, drink, speak, and grin for photos.
How They Work
Implants are the ideal way to replace a lost tooth, particularly in the front of the mouth, where a gap would be most visible. Unlike bridges or removable dentures, which sit on top of the gums and can chafe if not fitted properly, dental implants become part of your mouth.
Dental implants require a surgical procedure to anchor them to your jaw. The implant fixture, made of titanium or another biocompatible material, is placed in the jaw and topped with a ceramic cap for the appearance of a tooth growing up through the gums.
Implants can be used to replace any number of lost teeth and even people with no teeth can benefit from them. They are a stronger, more comfortable alternative to dentures. Even better, they don’t require constant adjustment or removal at night.
Find Out if Dental Implants Are Right for You
When you want to replace missing teeth and are considering dental implants, your first step should be to consult with your dentist. In the Knoxville area, locals trust Dr. Wes Mullins and the team at My Family Dentistry. During your appointment, Dr. Wes will assess the overall health of your gums, teeth, and jaw to determine if you’re in good shape to undergo the procedure. If not, he can offer recommendations on preliminary treatments that will get your gum tissue and jaw bone into a better state for successful dental implants.
Watch a Q&A session with Dr. Wes!
- What are dental implants? (0:00)
- Who actually does the implant? (0:49)
- How long do dental implants last? (2:12)
- When do people need dental implants? (2:43)
- How long does the surgery take? (5:18)
- Does dental implant surgery hurt? (6:34)
- Can I get implants if my teeth have been missing for a long time? (7:47)
- Can any tooth be replaced by implants? (9:02)
- Can you get implants to replace multiple teeth? (11:14)
- What are the pros and cons of implants? (13:03)
- What do I need to consider about before getting dental implants? (16:34)
- Why should I come to you instead of another dentist? (18:38)
- How can I find out if they’re right for me? (22:34)