Are You at Risk of Oral Cancer?
Did you know that one American dies every hour from oral cancer? And that the death rate has remained virtually unchanged for the last 40 years? The good news is that with early detection, about 90% of cases can be cured.
We are proud to provide the Vizilite™ system, the most effective oral cancer screening available today. Because we are committed to doing everything we can to keep you healthy, we use this method to screen for oral cancer every time we examine a patient.
First, we rinse the patient’s mouth with a special solution, and then we perform an exam using a special light. Any suspicious tissue is immediately and easily visible, so we can treat it in the early stages. If you’re one of our patients, you can be confident that we’ll be doing everything possible to catch any signs of oral cancer early.
However, while early detection is extremely important in oral cancers, prevention is always preferable.
Proactive Steps You Can Take
- Quit all tobacco use
- Maintain an active lifestyle
- Eat a healthy diet
- Keep your mouth healthy with good dental hygiene
- Check your mouth for lesions regularly
- Come in for dental checkups every 6 months
- Avoid risk factors whenever possible
My Family Dentistry
Latest posts by My Family Dentistry (Knoxville Dentist)
- New this Month – My Family Dentistry Advantage Program - June 1, 2020
- Introducing Dr. Austin Owen, DDS - May 14, 2020
- What To Expect When You Come In For An Appointment - May 13, 2020
- We Can Still Help You With Dental Issues, Emergency Or Not: Here’s How - April 17, 2020
- From Toddler to Teen, How Should Your Child’s Oral Care Habits Change Based On Age? - April 10, 2020