Are You at Risk of Oral Cancer?
Did you know that one American dies every hour from oral cancer? And that the death rate has remained virtually unchanged for the last 40 years? The good news is that with early detection, about 90% of cases can be cured.
We are proud to provide the Vizilite™ system, the most effective oral cancer screening available today. Because we are committed to doing everything we can to keep you healthy, we use this method to screen for oral cancer every time we examine a patient.
First, we rinse the patient’s mouth with a special solution, and then we perform an exam using a special light. Any suspicious tissue is immediately and easily visible, so we can treat it in the early stages. If you’re one of our patients, you can be confident that we’ll be doing everything possible to catch any signs of oral cancer early.
However, while early detection is extremely important in oral cancers, prevention is always preferable.
Proactive Steps You Can Take
- Quit all tobacco use
- Maintain an active lifestyle
- Eat a healthy diet
- Keep your mouth healthy with good dental hygiene
- Check your mouth for lesions regularly
- Come in for dental checkups every 6 months
- Avoid risk factors whenever possible
My Family Dentistry
Latest posts by My Family Dentistry (Knoxville Dentist)
- 3 Local Patients Share How Implants, Crowns & Veneers Can Transform Your Teeth - March 26, 2020
- COVID-19 Update from My Family Dentistry - March 17, 2020
- Meet Lori Shaver, Our New Office Manager! - February 26, 2020
- We Are Looking For A Dedicated Dental Assistant - February 18, 2020
- What If Your Crooked Or Crowded Front Teeth Could Be Straighter In 3 – 6 Months? - February 14, 2020